SIREAL provides the following analyses:
- Bioapatites (e.g. tooth enamel) for δ13C and δ18O.
- Carbonates for δ13C and δ18O.
- Organic materials (e.g. collagen) for δ13C and δ15N.
- Waters for δ2H and δ18O.
Typical rates per sample:
- Carbonates and bioapatites – $20 per sample
- Organic materials – $15 for one isotope (C or N); $25 for both C and N
- Waters – $20 per sample
There is no charge for replicate analyses and standards
Rates may be adjusted if individuals come to the laboratory and assist with pretreatments and weighing. Please contact SIREAL for further questions.
SIREAL maintains facilities for pretreatment of powdered samples (such as teeth and rocks) and extraction of collagen from bone.